This was too good not to share!
It’s Tuesday which means it’s Taco night in this house!
What you will need:
- Lean Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning (Epicure)
- Pico Picante Seasoning (Epicure)
- Shredded Cabbage
- Any vegetables you want. I went with Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Red Onion and Celery
- Mashed Avocado
Epicure spices are great, first you can understand all the ingredients in the bottle and they are low sodium!
Instead of having mine in a taco shell or wrap I decided just to have a salad. However, my Hubs and Nephew had theirs as a wrap and loved it!
Alright now to cooking:
- Brown the Ground Beef with the Taco Seasoning (about 2tbsp) and the Pico Picante Seasoning (about 2 tbsp as well. The Pico Picante Seasoning is spicy so just adjust the amount to your heat level. Taste as you go until you get it to the right flavour!
- In a bowl combine the shredded cabbage and vegetables with the chopped cilantro, Jalapeño and lime juice. Again taste as you go (I threw in a little sprinkle of the Pico Picante Seasoning just to tie it all together!)
- Plate your salad with the ground beef on top and mashed Avocado!
A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work, listening to the radio, minding my own business and the weather and news comes on…”Tonight the temperatures will drop to -44C!” I almost drove off the road! So immediately I think…”I’m making soup tonight!”
So I get home and start looking to see what I have in my cupboard. In all honesty its been a pretty cold winter and both my hubs and I are both getting over a cold, so soup for dinner has become a very popular choice for us!
So what you need:
Beans – I had a can of PC Blue Menu Six Bean Medley (chickpeas, dark red kidney beans, black-eyed peas, white kidney beans, romano beans, baby lima beans)
Baby Bok Choy
Chili Pepper Flakes
Italian Spicy Sausage
I know it is probably better to make your own broth and not use canned vegetables but I used what I had on hand.
SO take a big pot and took a little bit of oil and saute my carrots and celery. Once they have softened I put in the broth and also put in some freshly chopped garlic! God I love garlic! Once that gets going I throw in my diced tomatoes and juice, beans (make sure you drain and rinse them first), chopped Kale and chopped Baby Bok Choy. Once this is back to simmering I then take my Italian Spicy Sausage and add that to the soup.
Side Note – I get my Italian Spicy Sausage from the local deli that makes them in house. These I had bought for another recipe and didn’t use right away so it was perfect to use them in this. I slice mine into smaller bites and then add them to the soup to cook.
I then add in Salt and Pepper and Chili Pepper Flakes for some kick!