So I have been thinking about doing a cleanse for a little while. If you go online and search for cleanses you can come up with millions of them, which to be completely honest just overwhelms me. Instead, I started talking with friends about different options and if they have done one before. My good friend Mrs. M, follows a clean eating lifestyle and was about to try doing a cleanse herself! Perfect! She passed the plan to me and I decided to go for it!
The cleanse that I decided to do is a 21 Day In Balance Cleanse. In the instructions of the cleanse it talks about being 100% organic, I am about 80% organic on mine and that is mainly because I can’t get 100% organic everything where we live. But that is okay for me!
So my main goal for the cleanse was to do a restart with my food and diet. My Hubs and I have been travelling a lot and with that comes eating and drinking poorly. Which don’t get me wrong, I love travelling and trying new restaurants and foods, but after awhile I feel sluggish and tired. So I thought just give it a shot, what is the worst that could happen?
My Cleanse is broken down into 3 weeks:
Week 1 – Elimination
Week 2 – Juices
Week 3 – Reintroduction
Especially for Week 1, I decided to plan out all my meals. It was probably the best thing that I could have done to be perfectly honest. From there I made a big shopping list and off I went!
The whole idea for week one is to start your day with hot water and lemon and then for breakfast I have a smoothie. I have been mainly having 2 smoothies:
1 Organic Apple (with peeling, cored)
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 cup of spinach
1 stalk of celery
1/3 cup of cilantro (if you don’t like cilantro you can use parsley)
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tsp Super Greens
Frozen Green Chai Latte:
1/2 an avocado
1.5 Cups of Almond Milk
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp of vanilla
stevia to taste
1 tsp of super greens (can be found on Vitamart.ca)
Couple good handfuls of ice
I just have to say that the Frozen Green Chai Latte is amazing. I don’t like Chai Latte or Pumpkin Pie for that matter but I love this!
For lunch you need to have a solid meal.
One of my lunch meals is a green salad with a Salmon Filet, 2 cups of Green Beans, 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard, Fresh Lemon Juice and Salt and Pepper.
For dinner I have soup and my favourite so far is the Zuchinni Cauliflower Soup!
Heat a large soup pot with 2 tbsp of coconut oil and put in 1 onion chopped and 1 large zuchinni (chopped). Once the onions have become softer throw in some basil and rosemary and then add 2 cups of chopped cauliflower add in your water and cook until your cauliflower is soft. Then carefully…pour into your blender and blend til smooth. Season with Salt and Pepper and Enjoy!
My tips for Week 1:
– Drink a ton of water! No word of a lie especially in the first couple of days when I couldn’t have coffee, I was so nauseous and had the worst headache, the only thing to stop it just for a little bit was to drink water!
– Be prepared to have headaches and be a little irritable.
– I found that when I got home I would start to cook my soup and my Hubs would start to cook his dinner as well at the same time. At first I thought it would bug me, but it helped to be cooking at the same time.
– Keep yourself busy! Evenings are probably the worst for me, that’s definitely when I like to snack so I am spring cleaning and purging my house of unwanted stuff!
– Keep a food journal! I track my meals and notes of how I am feeling through out the day
– Drink lots of Water!
I have 2 more days left for my week 1 and then I am on to Week 2: Juicing! Stay Tuned!